For those of us who lived through all these bugs, it was a nightmare and caused
constant furious outbreaks on the messageboards. None of us wan't to go back there,
but now that that the most serious ones are a thing of the past, you have to admit
that some of it were rather funny, bordering on the brink of absurdity.
- You got dropped out of your Yalmaha no matter what altitude
you were at when zoning? Remember when you flew over a large body of water and
got dropped into the ocean with miles to the closest shore? And grey puny sharks
attacking you, with no chance of fighting back or getting back in your Yalmaha?
It could take 10 minutes of swimming since you had absolutely no swimming skills,
and while under attack you usually died before getting back to shore, it just
took one helluva time for the sharsk to finish "eating" you.
So this is for a look back on the things that were painful then, but might strike
old and new players as amusing now - sorta like a year of army-duty, utter hell
when you were actually there, but quite fun when you got it on a distance and
were sharing stories with your friends. So thus, it's time for Remember
- Agents got so small from a bug in the Ruse line of programs they constantly
fell through gratings and small potholes and got stuck everywhere?
- When every time you exited a vehicle, while wearing a cloak, it looked like
you had stuck the cloak lining into your boots and looked rather like you still
didn't know how to dress? (like tucking the pants into say cowboy boots?)
- When no one anticipated how high you could jump with high Strength and Runspeed,
and people jumping around indoors constantly got stuck in the ceiling?
- When Agent's aimedshots took your head clean off in one shot before the graphics
in 2H0 even started loading coming out of the wompa?
- When you went Link Dead in a mission as a pet user and when you came back your
pet had killed you for leaving it behind?
- When Omni-Forrest housed the entire population of Rubi-Ka on the day the first
static mission was released, with everyone chasing around trying to get a teddybear
of of a scary pumkinhead ghost at 1/3 frame pr minute?
- You had one more kill to reach the next level and you ran into a room with two
NT mobs who instantly cast Izgimmers Last Word ten times in a row, just to make
sure you were really dead?
- You were hunting in Lush Fields and got the message "Attacked by Solomonne"
only to experience him chasing you halfways across the zone, hitting you for half
- Bureaucrat mobs cast their slow programs and there was nothing you could do
to break them? Running through the mission for 20 minutes in extreme-slow motion
like a bad action movie?
- You would zone out of the grid, and no one would see you until they looked at
the ground because you were still in your gridcube form?
- Backpacks revolted against the laws of gravity and became ten times as heavy
as an elephant and you had to run from a mob and couldnt because your runspeed
was -2300 ?
- You couldnt keep fighting because the mobs kept telling you to "Take
It Easy" //Ashuras
- NPC mobs were ultimate killing machines, not only shooting you normally but
also managing to throw in a punch or a kick between shots, often for more than
their regular weapon damage. That they also could punch you in the nose from the
far side of a room also added to the charm. //Anonymous
- When the pistol Freedom Arms 3927 - the backbone of the Rubi-Ka echonomy back
then - suddenly was exchanged for a blue icon with a questionmark on over night,
never to be seen in the same fashion again. //Anonymous
- The grid constructors by mistake put the grid entrance in Newland and
Rome 5000 feet in the air and you suddenly found yourself falling to your death
at the screams of "Geronimoooooo" //Doublebarrel
- When you were polymorphed into a reet and zoned, your head would warp back
into its human form, leaving half of Rubi-Ka's adventurers wishing they never
had uploaded that program to begin with //Marise
- You could charm and re-name mobs, leading to NPC's being named after various
bodyparts or celebrities //Marise
- You had to stand in line at the NPC vendors because they couldnt handle more
than one customer at a time leaving people who wanted nothing else but shop for
ammunition to stand in line for hours sometimes when the person in front suddenly
had a phonecall and didnt want to leave the line. //McFarlane
- Tir lake used to be poisonous? New arrivals screaming in terror as the burning
acid ate through their skin like a hungry rabbit on a carrot - quite the welcome
to Rubi-Ka! // Oggyman
- Everyone was hunting at the Beach and you could find 50 people standing around
in the water scared half to death, because the venterated V-bull had chosen to
pay a visit, and the only way to escape it was to jump into the water where it
wouldn't follow you. //Jayhawk
- Red in Aegean was a woman who wore a bikini? Oh the wonderful technologies
of sexchanges.. //Rudeboy
- Red the talkative and kind activist standing around not far from Dodga in
The Rising Sun, wasn't all that kind, but rather wanted that mountaintop for herself,
and therefore without mercy killed every person who dared set foot on her property.
- Normal laws of physics were warped and a snare nano terminating resulted
in you getting +1500 run speed until you zoned //Kissfix
Have a "Remember when" for us that you think is funny? Don't hesistate
to drop us a line at
email@example.com - Keep in mind that these are supposed
to be fun or amusing, not mean-spirited or ironic attempts at attacking Funcom.
Last updated 25. October 2002